Monday, September 3, 2018

Most Famous places in West Virginia USA


Inquisineer: Flat Stanley visits Morgantown








"Flat Stanley" visits Morgantown


[I went to the University of Charleston with a woman who now teaches  school in Connecticut. Her students are doing a “Flat Stanley” project, where they color a paper cut-out of a boy and send him through the mail to another state (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flat_Stanley_Project). By hearing about their Flat Stanley’s adventure, they learn about different states. I took the Flat Stanley that was sent to me for a weekend in Morgantown, WV, where I attended grad school and law school at WVU. Here is the report I’m sending back to the STEM Academy in Connecticut.]

Stanley accompanied me over the weekend to Morgantown, West Virginia. Anna and I had a great time showing him around town. Morgantown is best known as the home of West Virginia University.
The original part of campus is known as Woodburn Circle, where Woodburn Hall and two other nearby buildings on either side formed the original college when it was founded in 1867. This is a picture of Stanley at the circle with old Woodburn Hall in the background (when I was a WVU student, I had classes in there). Most Famous places in West Virginia USA

No comments:

Post a Comment